Ginger Chicken Meatball Sandos are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional sandwiches. They are perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner, and are sure to be a hit with the whole family. The ginger and soy sauce marinade give the chicken meatballs a bold and savory flavor, while the fresh veggies and toasted bread add a nice crunch. In this blog post, we will go over the recipe for making these delicious meatball sandwiches, as well as the nutritional value, serving suggestions, and some frequently asked questions.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded cucumber
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Mayo or Sriracha for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and beaten egg.
- Form the mixture into small meatballs, about the size of a golf ball.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, cook the meatballs until they are browned and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Toast the bread slices until golden brown.
- Assemble the sandwiches by spreading mayo or Sriracha on one side of the bread, then adding the meatballs, shredded carrots, shredded cucumber, and cilantro leaves.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutritional value :
These sandwiches are not only delicious but also packed with nutritional value. Chicken is a good source of protein, ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and sesame oil is a good source of healthy fats. Additionally, the veggies add some extra vitamins and minerals.
How to serve :
You can serve them as is, or add some side dishes such as a salad or some fries.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I use other types of meat instead of chicken? A: Yes, you can use other types of ground meat such as turkey or pork.
Q: Can I make the meatballs in advance? A: Yes, you can make the meatballs in advance and store them in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to use.
Q: Can I add other veggies or spices to the meatballs? A: Yes, you can add other veggies such as bell peppers or mushrooms and also you can add some spices such as cumin or smoked paprika to the meatball mixture.
In conclusion, the Ginger Chicken Meatball Sandos are a delicious and healthy option for a quick and easy meal. The bold and savory ginger and soy sauce marinade gives the meatballs a unique and delicious flavor, while the fresh veggies and toasted bread add a nice crunch. Give it a try and you will see why it’s a favorite!