Potato pancakes, also known as latkes, are a traditional dish in Jewish cuisine, but they are enjoyed by people of all backgrounds. They are typically made with grated potatoes, onions, eggs, and flour, but in this recipe, we’ll show you how to make them without eggs, making them a great option for those who are vegan or have an egg allergy.
- 2 cups grated potatoes
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix together the grated potatoes and onions.
- Add in the flour, salt, and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Using a spoon or your hands, form the potato mixture into small, flat cakes.
- Carefully place the cakes in the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the cakes from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess oil.
These potato pancakes are best served hot with a dollop of sour cream or applesauce on top. They also make a great side dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 serving (2 potato pancakes) contains approximately 200 calories, 14g of fat, and 2g of protein.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I use a different type of flour? A: You can use any type of flour you like, including gluten-free flour or almond flour.
Q: Can I make these potato pancakes ahead of time? A: Yes, you can make the potato mixture ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook them.
Q: Can I add other ingredients to the potato mixture? A: You can add any ingredients you like, such as grated carrots or zucchini, chopped herbs, or spices like cumin or curry powder.
Overall, this recipe for potato pancakes without eggs is a delicious and easy way to enjoy this traditional dish. It is also vegan-friendly and a great option for those with egg allergies. Give it a try and enjoy the delicious taste and crispy texture of these potato pancakes!
Also Read: Ginger Chicken Meatball